Hello all 👋🏾 I’m back after a long unintentional and well needed break. This month is significant to me and I thought this morning while my mind is full with thoughts, I might as well release here.
There’s been so many changes since I’ve last wrote here. My husband and I moved to Hawaii (O’ahu) this October and now I’m writing this post on the floor of my bedroom after a Yoga session. I am no Yogi, however it is Monday, in a hour I’ll be headed to work and wanted to start the day refreshed. While stretching some thoughts came to mind.
- Do what is best for you and your partner, live your life fully
- Don’t underestimate the power of a mind that is made up. – Miya Yamanouchi
- I thought about my goals and hobbies.
- Where I see myself in 5-10 years.
- I thought about the friendships that ended in 2020-2021.
- How to be a better friend, and scheduling time to check in with my loved ones
- The times I allowed peoples opinions, fears and projections to alter my decision, because my mind wasn’t made up.
I’m sharing this to say, that I am hopeful because this is my first apartment with my partner that feels fully our own, miles away from everything and everybody we know, an opportunity to begin new habits, make new friends, and return to myself.
This post is about creating a new lifestyle for myself, from a person who is working towards being authentic, letting go of the people pleasing tendencies, and keeping my own word to myself. Part of this journey for me is listening to myself, what do I want? What do I want to do and where do I want to go? I know the space I’m in is a privilege and so I am grateful, and pause to say, I am happy to be alive.
This month, I will celebrate a birthday, so this new process is a gift all in one. Also, being a new military wife, I’ll be in solitude, though I will miss my darling, what better opportunity to return to myself.
Thank you for reading, and I hope I am speaking to folks who understand what it is like to start over in any capacity.
Sending my love,